Fünf-Sterne-Fälschung! TripAdvisor-Streichler verarscht die Feinschmecker: Verärgerter Nutzer postet gefälschte Bewertungen aus Wut darüber, dass die Website nicht richtig kontrolliert wird
* Oscar’s was billed as one of the best places to eat in Britain
* The staff ‘would swim to catch whatever fish the customer wanted’
* Bookings began to flood in after the eatery supposedly opened on May 1
* Diners were baffled when they arrived at an alleyway full of rubbish bins
* The fake profile was set up by disgruntled businessman who was fed up
A beautifully restored boat serving Michelin-starred food. Divers on hand to catch any fish on the menu. Countless reviews describing the cooking as ‘simply divine’.
This restaurant almost sounds too good to be true. Trouble is, it was.
Because when dozens of foodies headed down to sample the ‘mind-blowing’ food at Oscar’s after reading its glowing reviews on TripAdvisor, all they found was an alleyway full of bins.
The restaurant had never existed. Instead, the would-be diners had fallen victim to an online prank designed to expose the failings of the review website.
But Chris Emmins, co-founder of the online reputation management firm KwikChex, said the hoax cast doubt on TripAdvisor’s ability to spot fraudulent reviews.
Above excerpt and read the full article on DailyMail.co.uk